Friday, March 21, 2008

Reflections of the past year

April 5, 2007, was my 10th wedding anniversary, and I wanted to do something a bit different for my wife to celebrate. She had already seen Little Women at Hale, and I didn't want to drive all the way to Centerville to see Sound of Music at Rogers Memorial. Pioneer was dark. Then I remembered that the Empress had reopened. You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown was running. It was perfect.

I misread the curtain time, and we arrived at the Empress a bit early. Joline Walgamott introduced herself and offered to take us on a tour. Our lives were changed by that tour, and it seems incredible that so much could change in so little time.

After Amy and I watched Charlie Brown, we brought the kids. Then I agreed to do lighting for Dreamscape and Fiddler on the Roof. Amy, Mirinda, Damia and Mara auditioned for Bye-Bye Birdie. Next thing we know, we're selling our house in West Valley and moving to Magna to be closer to the theatre. Okay, so we're obsessed.

As our anniversary approaches again, I've been reflecting on all that we've accomplished with the Empress over the last year. With each show, there has been at least one improvement in some area of the theatre. This blog is the latest. I hope that it will be a place where our friends can come to get the latest news, leave a comment or suggestion, or just discuss the Empress related topics.

No comments: