Monday, April 28, 2008

Return with an Honorable Broken Leg...

Two of our favorite Empress actresses, Catherine Cripps (Narrator in Joseph) and Mandi Jensen (Narrator in Joseph and Kim Macafee in Bye-bye Birdie) have received performing mission calls from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Both young ladies will be spending their summer performing in Nauvoo, IL. They leave this Friday for "the City of Joseph."
Only 20 performers, out of hundreds that apply, are selected for this 4 month Church Service Mission.
I wasn't taking notes when I talked to Catherine yesterday (I was eating a ham sandwhich at her farewell open house), but if I remember correctly, they will be performing in Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo, Just Plain Amanda, Sunset by the Mississippi, and High Hopes and River Boats - A Nauvoo Adventure. (Okay, I cheated and looked it up.) They could be doing up to six performances per day! (And I thought they worked hard doing four performances of Joseph over two days!) And they may have chorus parts in Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration. (I guess they just like doing shows about prophets named Joseph.)

No comments: